Tuesday, September 2, 2008

The Hills Are Alive....




with the Sound of Music!


I absolutely love this movie. I just happened to catch it on TV this weekend and sat down and watched the entire thing. Don't worry, I have it on DVD too, but chose to watch it commercials and all. I love musicals in general, but this one is by far my favorite. My love for these kinds of movies started at a very young age.  One of the best memories I have of growing up was getting to spend the night with my grandparents. They only lived a few blocks from our house, but we thought it was so special to spend the night with them. Grandma would always cook us an amazing dinner, complete with dessert. Then we would spend time playing until dark, until movie time!! My grandparents had all of the great musicals on VHS. Sound of Music, The King and I, South Pacific, Oklahoma...the list goes on and on. Mollie and I would take turns getting to choose the movie, she always chose The King and I and I always chose The Sound of Music.  I can sing every word of every song, and even quote every line in between. (Just ask Dan, he gets more than enough of my renditions :o) Although the movie is absolutely amazing, I think part of what I really loved about it was spending time with my family. We would take a break half-way through the movie and grandpa would fix us a bowl of cereal, then we would all fall asleep during the second half of the movie. Grandma would wake us up and take us to bed, then the next morning we would finish the movie (along with donuts, of course).

I'm so thankful for the traditions that I grew up with, and cannot wait to start new traditions with our little one.  



ps: For those that are curious, Lord willing, we find out on the 16th if the baby's a boy or girl!

6 comments:

Amanda said...

oh yes. I love those musicals!! The 16th?!?!?! YAY!!! This is so exciting!!

April Pier said...

Can't wait to hear what the newest addition to the Moore clan is going to be!! Very exciting!!

I love The Sound of Music too. I didn't get to watch it though. I was busy in Brownfield and at the ballgame. Can't wait to make some of those special memories with my little guy.

BreAnna Fowler said...

Just one question. How DO you solve a problem like Maria?

jennypen said...

Just think how much MORE fun it will be to watch while your Little One is enjoying it! We happened to catch it, too, and Livy sang, danced, and twirled her little heart out (while, of course, I mouthed the words to the music and dialogue)!

And, YES, I am curious. :-)

jennypen said...

Update coming soon, I hope?!

Stephanie Robertson said...

I'm anxious to find out if it's a boy or a girl!