This weekend I went down to Brownfield because my mom and I had a garage sale. Overall, I would call it a success. People in Brownfield are very serious about their garage sales, we had people waiting outside when we opened the garage door at 7:30 am, 30 min before our advertised time!!
But, after it was all over my dad got up in the attic and got down the cradle that my parents have had since I was born. I was the first baby to sleep in this cradle, followed by my sister and brother, cousins and friends of the family. I am so excited that our little one will get to sleep in this cradle. It's just so crazy to think that we will have a baby tiny enough to sleep in this cradle in just a few short months. Note the bumper pad, it's original too. Back in the day you couldn't find out what you were having, so my parents went with the yellow. We are going to try getting it cleaned up and if we can we'll just stick with the original. But, as you can imagine, it's got a lot of wear on it after 26 years.
Oh, but don't you worry one bit, we are, Lord willing, going to find out what we are having. I can't wait to start saying he or she and calling the baby by her/his name. Plus, Dan and I are just horrible at secret keeping, we can't wait 5 1/2 more months!!



8 comments:
love the socks! I bought April and Aaron a little Texas Tech cap and booties, and my dad bought him a Tech mobile that actually plays the fight song! Tech fans are wacky about their school.
I don't know if this is feeling surreal to you or not... it did me (and still does!) But once you find out what you're having, it becomes a whole lot more real... then when you feel the little one start kicking, it's AMAZING!!!! Only another few weeks till you get to find out.
How cool to look over and see your baby boy or girl sleep where you slept! (Of course, that is if you will be able to put him or her down!) I am so excited for you and love to think about and pray for y'all.
Hey friend! What a fun weekend full of treasures and new gifts :)
Did you get the most recent email I sent to you?
Hope you're doing well, and hope to hear from you soon~
Can I just say once again, how wonderfully exciting this is!!! We are so thrilled for you and Dan, and it is such a gift and blessing to be able to share this joy with you. I praise God for you, Eryn and for the little one inside of you. He is so good.
The cradle is beautiful and I can imagine what joy your parents had when they gave it to you for their grandbaby!
Can't wait to start buying pink!!! ..... or blue??? ;0)
Michael has TONS of Tech stuff. Everytime we turn around either we've bought something Tech or one of our friends has.
If you're having a little boy, we will be more than happy to share what we can with you. You can't even begin to imagine how many times a day you will change their clothes. Michael's been changed twice today.
I can't wait to hear what you are having!!!!! When do you find out?!?!
I love your blog. I am a frequent reader (aka lurker, although I hate that term...makes me feel like I'm breaking the law :-) but haven't started my own yet.
Your post to your baby was beautiful, Eryn. My heart just aches for you. Looks like your reapin' some joy right now though (psalm 126:5)! Love the socks, but they'd be better in maroon (oh, yes I did!)
Love ya,
allyson
Ha, our child will not be wearing maroon, nice try!
Post a Comment