It has been quite the week here in the Mikel household. Last week we got to load up and head to Pecos, New Mexico with my family for a little mini-vacation. It was wonderful! Every year when I was growing up my family vacationed in either Colorado or New Mexico. A lot of my favorite childhood memories took place in the mountains and along the river. This was the first time that my family has gone on a trip all together since Dan and I got married. The time away was much needed. We were able to just relax and enjoy each other's company. The boys did a lot of fishing, we went hiking and the girls even got to spend a day shopping in Santa Fe. It was wonderful, I have decided that I really love vacations where there is no real plan.
We received word last Friday, just as we got to New Mexico, that a very close friend of ours had passed away. We were in total shock, and I think we still are. We were thankful that we had some time to grieve before we came home, but I know that it's going to be a long process. We were able to go to his grave side service today. It was unbelieveably hard. His brother spoke and we got to spend some time with him and the rest of the family. I cannot imagine what our friend's wife must be going through. Speaking as a wife, I simply cannot imagine losing my husband. I have asked the Lord to please keep me faithfully interceding for her, because really I don't know what else to do. There are so many questions, complaints and feelings that this just isn't fair. Even though we may never have all the reasons, we can grieve with hope, we will see our friend again.



4 comments:
I was at Jennifer's wedding, and am April Moore's (Pier's) sister in law. I've been keeping up with your blog since Jennifer's wedding and have cried tears and prayed for you about your miscarriage. I am so glad that God has opened your womb, and you're in the safety zone!!! Many congratulations.
I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. It's hard to rejoice in your own miracle of life when someone close to you has lost tragically. I wish i had more comforting words.
I would like to reiterate what Stephanie said. I, too have been reading your blog since you created it after Jennifer's wedding, have prayed for you, and now rejoice with you both as you celebrate life in your womb. Praise be to God!
I cannot imagine the mixture of extremely different emotions y'all must be feeling right now. May the Lord be glorified that He is Sovereign, that He has a plan through the good and the bad, that He is worthy of praise even in the midst of the valley. I think a devout Christian, as hard as it is to admit sometimes, would rather go through the valley with Jesus than to never experience the valley or have Jesus. God has given me much encouragement through my valley lately through Psalm 23:
The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters,
he restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.
Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.
Don't think I could say it any better than these two ladies have. Just know Im praying for all three of you. Love you!
I am completely overjoyed about the news of your Little One! I, too, have followed your blog regularly, cried with you and prayed for you and your husband. Your unwavering faith in the midst of your heartache has really impacted me. I'll continue to lift the three of you up in prayer and am excited to keep following you through your blog.
I'm so sorry about the loss of your friend and for his wife. I can't imagine losing someone so close who is still so young. You will be in my prayers.
Post a Comment