Monday, January 5, 2009

The year in review

I can't believe that it is already 2009!  Really, I know everyone says this, last year just flew by! My sweet little elderly patients inform me that the older I get, the faster the years will go. I've been meaning to make this post for about a week now, but every time I sat down to do it, something else would pop up. But, I've just eaten, been to the bathroom (it's frequent these days) and my husband is playing the Wii, I'm good to go. 
It's almost hard to imagine that at this time last year we were still living in Louisville with no real plans to move. But it was in January last year that Dan began to sense a different calling in his life.  We were still very much grieving our loss and didn't want to rush into anything, so we just began earnestly seeking the Lord's face. We were both so broken and hurting, it was hard to trust the Lord. I just remember repeating over and over, "Lord, I believe, help my unbelief." Over the next few months we began to really sense that the Lord was re-directing my husband's call to ministry.  And with that came a huge decision, stay in KY or head back to "the mothership."  So, in April we came to look for jobs and house and in one week found both. It was nothing short of the Lord's goodness. We closed on our very first house on May 1st and a couple of weeks later made the trek to Lubbock with all of our earthly possessions in a Uhaul trailer.  



Then, about 1 month after moving back to Texas...

After that point, the summer was sort of a blur. There were lots of nerves and emotions, both hormonal and regular.   :o) We got to spend a very relaxing week in New Mexico with my family. Dan got to fish, and I got to, well, be lazy. It was perfect.  (PS: Dan is on the left, the other handsome dude is my baby brother)
In July we joined our church here in Lubbock. Shortly after joining, Dan was asked to teach a Sunday School class for young couples. We have been very blessed in getting to know other couples our age, and I know that Dan has been blessed to prepare lessons each week. Did I mention that the Lord has been so good to us?
Now, here we are. 2009. I am 34 weeks preggo, and feel like I am getting bigger by the day. We absolutely cannot wait to hold the little one in our arms!

So, what will 2009 hold for us? I have no absolutely idea. One thing I can be absolutely sure of is that the Lord is still sovereign. And, nothing in this new year will be a surprise for Him!

3 comments:

Amber said...

What a beautiful pregnant lady! Isn't God so good? What a wonderful year-review. Oh, and it was also January a year ago that I met you and Dan! ;P

Amanda said...

34 weeks! Girl! You are seriously READY!!! I cannot wait to see this baby!

GloryandGrace said...

Less than a month away??? How did the time get here so fast??? He's really going to be here before you know it!

I received word that my hubby talked with your hubby last week :)