So, we would love your prayers over the next few days. Please pray first and foremost for a healthy baby! We are so excited to meet Little Man, I can't wait to hold the little one! Also, if you could just pray that both my body and Little Man's body will be read for the delivery. I just can't believe that after 9 months it's finally time! Dan and I would also love prayers for us and our relationship, this is such a big change and we are looking forward to growing even closer through the birth of our child. Thanks so much for all of your support and encouragement! I will do my best to keep the blog more updated, especially with pictures!
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
So, here's the deal...
Sorry for the lack of attention to the blog lately. Between growing a baby, showers and work, I've been exhausted lately. I am in my 36th week now and got some "big" news at the doctor's office yesterday. (Beware, the following contains information that may be too much for some) My doctor wanted to do an ultrasound this week to check Little Man's size as we get closer to his due date. Well, as it turns out, I can grow them big. He's already between 7 and 7.5 pounds and the doctor is worried that if we wait much longer I won't be able to deliver him vaginally. So, basically, she gave us three options. Door #1: I can simply decide to go into labor some time in the next week while he's still a "manageable" size. (right, I'll get right on that one) Door #2: We can induce next week to up my chances of a vaginal delivery. Door #3: I can have an elective c-section because he is in the 94th percentile for size. I really would like to avoid a c-section if at all possible, but I definitely didn't want to be induced either...funny how things don't always go according to our plans, huh? So, we are opting for door number 2. Atleast this way I will have a fighting chance and will hopefully avoid the c-section. However, I'm learning (yet again) to be flexible and just trust the Lord. More than anything I just want to have a healthy baby. So, here's the "plan" ( I decided to put plan in quotation marks because who knows, except for the Lord, what will really happen): I will have an amniocentesis next Wed morning just to make sure that Little Man's lungs are fully developed and ready for the outside world. If everything checks out okay there, I will be induced on Thurs morning. Wow! Crazy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



8 comments:
This is so exciting!! Our prayers are, of course, with you in the coming days. May you and your hubby enjoy each other's company more than ever, get sweet rest, and may your nerves be calm as the day approaches.
Keep us updated, friend!
I laugh that you think you might have more time to update, the week before you have a baby...hahaha.
Love ya friend. Can't wait to hear the news of Spencer's arrival! You will do great! Wish Dan good luck for me.
How exciting!!! Praying for a healthy delivery, whichever way he comes out :-)
Thanks for the update. We are so excited for you and Dan. Know that we are praying for you!
Oh, yay! I am so excited for y'all. Praying for you three...
Crazy and exciting! Abby was 8lbs 6oz and her head always measured 2 weeks further than her gestational age! You can do it girl!
Eryn, I just came across your blog, through April's. So, I'm adding you on to my blog (http://woodfamily-mika@blogspot.com). I hope that's ok. I was induced as well and I don't know that I would have it any other way if at all possible. Everything went super easy (which I know isn't always the case). If you would like some tips, I'd be happy to share, but some are a little personal to post. :) I'm so excited for you. You are going to be a fabulous mommy.
I am so glad to find your blog and get the latest news about Spencer. I am so excited for you and Dan, and Elayne and I will be praying for a safe delivery for mom and son, as well as a "smooth" transition to parenthood.
Blessings,
Dr. P
Post a Comment