Monday, October 6, 2008

Things I'm learning

The past few weeks, months really, I feel like I have learned so much. And although I know this is just the beginning of the learning adventure, I thought I'd share a few things I've been thinking about the past few weeks.

1. I have the best husband in the world.  Okay, okay I know that I'm partial, but it's my blog :o) Last week I came out of my treatment room in the middle of the morning to see these beautiful flowers sitting on my desk. Why, you may ask. Well, for no reason at all. The card said "To Little Man's mom, hope you have a great day."  Let me tell you that the hormonal pregnancy tears started flowing, it was so thoughtful. On top of treating me like a princess, he is such an amazing leader and friend.  We have been through a lot the past few years, and I am so thankful to have such a godly man as my husband.  The Lord has blessed me! I cannot wait to watch him father a son, he is going to be a great daddy!


2.  A growing belly is fun. Here is a picture of me yesterday (21 weeks) before church. My grandmother sent me the shirt, so I thought we would take a picture to send her. But anyway, I really like feeling and seeing this little one grow.  Feel free to quote me in a few months when I am big and tired and ready to have the baby :o) But as for now, I love being pregnant.

3. Feeling Little Man kick is probably about the coolest thing I've ever felt in my life. It's so crazy to think that there is a little baby in my stomach, and then to feel him move! Dan got to feel it the other night, and I wish that I could have had a picture of his face when he felt it. Thank you Lord for our little baby! It's so amazing to think how the Lord creates, wow, it just blows my mind.

4. One baby does not replace the other. I've had a pretty rough couple of weeks, thinking about our first baby. This time last year was about when we found out I was pregnant for the first time. It brings up so many emotions that I really thought had calmed down a little bit more. I am beyond thankful for Little Man, and can't wait to meet him, but I don't think I can just forget about the first.  One thing I have learned since this time last year is the the Lord is truly faithful and never wrong. Yeah, yeah, I probably knew that already, but I wish you could hear the sincerity with which I say it now. The Lord is truly faithful and never wrong.

5. There is a lot to think about when having a baby. Finances, childbirth (enough for a whole other post), the nursery, healthcare, childcare, how the dogs will react, grandparents, schedule vs. no schedule, sign language, breastfeeding, exercise, diet, car seats, it goes on and on...just see my brain at 2 am...

Okay, well, that's a start, there will be more to come I'm sure

6 comments:

Amanda said...

such sweet pictures!! aww... little Spencer!!! he's already so loved!

April Pier said...

There is quite a learning curve even once you deliver, but don't worry a lot of it just comes naturally. I'll be more than happy to help and offer advice where I can since I've just gone through it all.

Andrew Case said...

I just found your blog, and it was good to read! Dan told me that it was my responsibility to tell you about my new song on www.HisMagnificence.com (you'll see it in the announcements feed). I think you'll like it. Glad to hear everything's continuing smoothly with Spencer.

Amber said...

What a beautiful growing baby-belly pic! I like your grandmother's taste in maternity shirts. ;)

It is encouraging to read what the Lord has been teaching you. It leads me to praise Him.

Hugs to you three!

BreAnna Fowler said...

Eryn, you encourage me in so many ways. I thank God for you. We became friends about this time last year and as I've watched this journey of yours, over and over I have been amazed at your honesty, your faith and the strength that you have shown, strength that can only come from Christ. God has truly been faithful. I pray I have the joy of being your friend for many more years. May the Lord continue to lavish you, Dan and baby Spencer with His grace and mercies. Love ya, girl.

GloryandGrace said...

I thought of that very think when I uploaded the bridal pic to my post - "hey, Eryn spent that special day with me!" :)

These are my favorite posts from you, the ones in which you give us a glimpse of what the Lord is teaching you on this journey. It's encouraging to those who read, but should also make each of us examine our own lives and our hearts, asking ourselves if we are teachable. I'm glad to hear that you have had such a teachable spirit because it's evident that the Lord is showing you so much about who He is and who you are as His child.

XOXO