Thursday, June 26, 2008

My sweet baby

Sweet baby, 
I just want to let you know, that I love you.  I will never forget the way that I felt when I saw the positive pregnancy test early one morning. How excited I was to tell your daddy. I will never forget the sound of my parent's voices when they heard that they were going to be grandparents, and how excited all of my friends were when they heard the news.  I will never forget how you captivated my thoughts, and how even then I prayed for the person you would become. 
I will also never forget the look I saw on the doctor's face, and how I just knew something was wrong.  I will never, ever forget the one glimpse we got of you on the screen, so peaceful, so beautiful. I will never forget how your daddy and I just cried all night in unbelief, it all seemed so unreal. I will never forget the next few weeks, and how my heart just fell apart each time I had to tell someone else that you weren't coming anymore. And how each time someone said "it's really common, " or "atleast you weren't that far along," I just wanted to scream. I will never forget how I couldn't touch my stomach for weeks and how you were the first thing on my mind in the morning and the last thing on my mind at night.
Then, the Lord brought sweet healing. I will never forget the first night that I was able to truly rest in the peace that you are with Him now. That I will meet you someday. The Lord used your precious life in ways that I can't even imagine now. In my life, in your daddy's life. We are so blessed to have had you for such a short time. I will never forget that this is the week you should have been born. 
I love you precious baby

3 comments:

jennypen said...

You're on my mind and in my prayers often, Eryn. My heart aches for you and your family. Your faith and story have deeply touched me. I wish it were this week, but I'm so glad that one day you will hold your precious Little One. Until then, my prayer is for your continued healing.

~Jennifer

Unknown said...

I have been thinking about you a lot this week... and praying that God will visit you with his comfort. You are walking through this valley in such a beautiful and honest way.

Sara

Amanda said...

so beautiful Eryn. You have so much strength. Thank you God for Eryn.